COUNTY OF SANTA CRUZ
Under general supervision, patrol designated County parking areas and enforce parking ordinances and policies; and perform other duties as required.
This position is responsible for the patrol of designated County parking areas and issuance of citations for parking violations.
· Patrol designated County parking areas, enforce specified parking conditions, issue citations for vehicles in violation of ordinances, policies, or posted regulations,
· Answer questions from the public regarding parking restrictions;
· Direct drivers to move vehicles to avoid citations;
· Contact office for and investigate reported parking violations;
· Notify supervisor of possible abandoned vehicles;
· Report missing or damaged parking signs;
· Assist the public by providing general information and location of County offices;
· Collect fees from permit kiosks;
· Provide training and lead direction over seasonal employees;
· Miscellaneous administrative activities.
Some knowledge of:
Education and Experience: Any combination of education and experience, which would provide the required knowledge and abilities, is qualifying, unless otherwise specified. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
One year of experience in a position involved in meeting and dealing with the public.
Special Requirements: Possession of a valid California Class C Driver License is required for some positions. Fingerprints will be performed for all incumbents in this classification. Some positions may be required to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
PREVIOUS CLASS TITLES: None
Bargaining Unit: 41
EEOC Job Category: 06
Occupational Grouping: 01
Workers' Comp Code: 0285