SANTA CRUZ COUNTY
PERSONNEL ADMINISTRATIVE MANUAL
USE OF TELECOMMUNICATION DEVICE FOR THE DEAF (TDD) EQUIPMENT AT THE INFORMATION BOOTH
Oct 25, 1993
Oct 27, 1994
To provide TDD services for the Governmental Center and other departments as required through the use of Information Booth staff and Telecommunication Device for the Deaf (TDD) equipment.
Americans with Disabilities Act 1990
TDD equipment is available for referral of calls from the hearing impaired. Departments will provide individual contacts. These individuals will be trained in the use of the TDD equipment by Information Booth staff prior to publishing the number for the department.
The following is the procedure that is followed for the use of the TDD equipment located in the Information Booth.
1. The Department contacts the Information Booth at 2000 to arrange for training of staff on the TDD.
2. Once the training is completed, the Department publishes the TDD number (408-454-2123) on appropriate documents.
3. Incoming TDD calls are received by Personnel staff at the Information Booth.
4. Personnel takes the message and communicates to the caller that the Department will return his/her call.
5. Personnel staff call the Department and gives the message to the Department designated contact.
6. The Department representative goes to the Information Booth and uses the TDD to return the call and make further phone and/or interview arrangements as needed.