Santa Cruz Crossroads Program
Crossroads is a drug and alcohol educational workshop that is both an educational and interactive class. It is presented by the County of Santa Cruz Alcohol and Drug Programs Youth Advisory Team and staff, in conjunction with Friday Night Live. The workshop is aimed at educating youth about the effects of drug and alcohol use and how to meet those "crossroads" with knowlege.
Youth may be diverted to this workshop by Probation when they have been cited for a first time for the following offenses:
- Alcohol use or possession
- Marijuana use or simple possession
- Possession of Marijuana drug paraphernalia
Parents are not required to attend, but are welcome to sit in on the beginning orientation of the program
Santa Cruz County Friday Night Live Partnership
Santa Cruz County Friday Night Live Partnership is comprised of the Friday Night Live (FNL) and Club Live (CL) programs. These programs are multi-cultural, youth driven and lead, and designed to prevent alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use among middle school and high school students.
"Friday Night Live builds partnerships for positive and healthy youth development which engage youth as active leaders and resources in their community"
Friday Night Live promotes:
- Healthy lifestyle choices in our community
- Develops and strengthens leadership skills for positive social change
- Organizes student conferences addressing alcohol, tobacco, and other drug issues
- Sponsors parent workshops on issues affecting youth